Children's Christmas Program
Neighbor helping Neighbor
-- This is a seasonal program --
No hours of operation. Call 541-563-3710, Ext. 1 and leave a message for Raenette Mohni.
South County Children's Christmas Program provides gifts for children who might not otherwise have a Christmas.
Central processing is at Washington Federal, 325 NW Hemlock (Hwy 34) in Waldport. The program relies entirely on volunteers and no funds are spent on administrative costs.
About This Program
Raenette Mohni, pictured on the left with her daughter, has served as the chief elf of this program for the past 15 years. Keeping kids happy and warm is the program's motto. Read the News-Times article.
The program goes hand in hand with the South Lincoln Resources' Holiday Food Baskets
. Households who have children 18 and under who are permanent,
full-time residents of our service area are eligible to complete the back of the Holiday Food Basket application with as
much information as possible regarding allergies, clothing sizes, reading levels, likes and wish lists. Children of school age
must be attending local schools, preschools or home schools registered with Lincoln County School District.
Our goal is to provide every child with "something warm and something fun." The more information we have about a child's likes, the
better we can do to make Christmas wishes come true. Sorry, high-end electronic games, devices and gaming systems are not available.
This program is sponsored by South Lincoln Resources.
Fill out a Holiday Food Basket application (available starting at the end of September).
Please print clearly and provide as much information as possible! Be sure to include a phone
number where you can be reached so the Elves can call if they have any questions.
If you need to speak to an Elf, call 541-563-3710, Ext. 1. Leave a message and phone number. Chief
Elf, Raenette Mohni, will get back to you.
Click on a photo to start the slideshow.
For more information, call 541-563-3710, Ext. 1 and leave a message for Raenette Mohni.
Cash donations are accepted year round to help Santa's elves shop for timely bargains.
South County Children's Christmas Program
P.O. Box 1148
Waldport, OR 97394
541-563-3710, Ext. 1
Giving Tag Tree:
Available seasonally at Washington Federal, 325 NW Hemlock, Waldport, OR. Take a tag or two and buy the item(s) specified. Return the unwrapped item(s) to Washington Federal for packing and distribution.
Top 10 "Wish List" Christmas Gifts:
- Hoodies and/or jeans! Every size for every age, boys and girls!!
- Legos!!!! ALL ages, boys and girls
- Art supplies/craft supplies
- Basketballs/Footballs/Playground balls
- Dolls (Barbie dolls, Disney Princess dolls, Baby dolls)
- Cars, trucks, excavators, dump trucks, semi trucks
- Makeup/nail polish/nail art
- Board games...especially games for older kids
- Current Pop culture items...Items associated with current popular movies, shows or games; ie. "Cars", "Frozen", "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", "Minecraft", "Doc McStuffins", "Paw Patrol". These items are repeatedly requested but often are only appropriate for THAT Christmas. As we begin processing orders in October, these items need to be donated VERY early to actually make it to a child the year that the item is still "hot".
Call 541-563-3710, Ext. 1 and leave a message for Raenette Mohni, Chief Elf (CE HoHoHo).